In light of the Distracted Driver, Bill 16, coming into effect just around the corner (Sept.1/2011); I thought it beneficial to continue getting the message out there ~ Don't be a Distracted Driver!
Below is a list of Top 10 Tips on how to NOT be a distracted driver!
Distracted Driving Numerology - We’ve Done the Math!
10. Ask passengers to keep chatter to a minimum and help you navigate.
9. Deal with distractions such as eating, putting on make-up, reading, combing your hair and checking messages before you hit the road.
8. Be well rested before getting behind the wheel.
7. Make sure you have clear directions and check them before you leave.
6. Adjust the seat, headrest, seatbelt, rearview mirror, temperature, radio, etc., to your liking before you drive.
5. Manage your music and dashboard controls ahead of time and adjust them only when the car is stopped.
4. Pull over somewhere safe if you need to make a call, check a message, deal with passengers, eat or drink, etc.
3. Tell everyone that for safety reasons, you no longer answer calls or respond to messages while driving.
2. Don’t answer your cellphone or PDA messages while you are driving. Better yet, turn these devices off when you get into your car.
1.Never text and drive! Texting takes your eyes and mind off the road and your hands off the wheel.
Decide today that you won’t drive distracted!