Read Our Blog

Seasonal Property Insurance

Albertans love escaping the city and many of us own seasonal property.  If you have a vacation property, it is a valuable investment that requires specialized insurance.  Whether you have a condo in Canmore, a cabin in Jasper, a trailer in the foothills of the Rockies or a cottage at Sylvan Lake, seasonal home insurance should be tailored to your individual requirements and location.

Finding stand-alone insurance for your cabin or trailer can be challenging.  Often, seasonal properties are vacant more than they are occupied and as such face a greater insurance risk.  They are also often located in remote areas where fire protection can be limited.  As a result, most insurance companies will only insure your seasonal home if you insure your primary home under the same policy.


Do you have adequate protection on your seasonal property?

Our insurance experts at Alpine will help tailor an insurance policy for your individual property requirements.  Our advisors have years of experience and can quickly answer your questions on how to best protect one of your most valuable assets.  We can insure all types of properties including those in other provinces and some in the United States.*  

Consider the following questions;

  • Should I add my seasonal property to my homeowner’s policy or should I have a standalone policy?
  • What recreational toys do I own and what extras coverage do I require – RVs, Boats, Motorcycles, ATVs, etc.?
  • What unique exclusions are listed on my seasonal property insurance?  Can I purchase a broader product with additional protection?  
  • Do I require higher limits on contents and specialized buildings?

Allow a Trusted Advisor at Alpine Insurance to help select the coverage that’s right for you!  Call today at 1-877-770-8822 or fill out our Seasonal Property Quote Form for a no obligation quote.  

Alpine Insurance & Financial – Alberta’s Trusted Advisors™

* Certain Conditions Apply